to watch an overview of the KAMsnaps KX8J.
The KX8J is the portable handheld version of our professional table press. This starter bundle includes plastic snaps (size 20 regular length) and open-ring metal snaps (size 16)
, our 2 most popular snaps. Also included are dies for all other plastic snap sizes including double-sided / stackable snaps, and for safe plastic snap removal
. Click here
for how-to videos instructions.
IMPORTANT: The KX8J can install every plastic and metal snap, grommet, and rivet we carry, but if you want to install any size or style of fasteners not listed in this bundle, you will need to purchase additional die attachments
that correspond to those added fasteners. For example, if you want to install size 20 fashion spring metal snaps, you will need to separately add dies for size 20 fashion spring snaps. *Dies for the KX8J can also be used in the DK93 table press should you ever want to use both tools.*
Also recommended (you can add these from the drop-down menus above):
- additional size 20 regular length plastic snaps in black & white
- set of color sampler charts with actual snap caps so you never have to guess which color best matches your fabric
Note: Tools and fasteners on this site are made to work together and may not be compatible with those purchased elsewhere.
for international shipping discounts.
Everything you need to get started:
- KX8J handheld press
- Size 20 plastic snaps: 100 sets regular length in a rainbow assortment with matching dies
- Size 16 open-ring short prong metal snaps: 50 sets gunmetal with matching dies
- Dies for all other sizes of plastic snaps, including pronged studs to make double-sided / stackable snaps (fasteners not included)
- Removal die set to quickly and safely remove plastic snaps incorrectly applied
- Hand awl to poke holes in fabric for snap placement
- Optional - from the drop-down menu above, you may choose to add:
- 200 sets white and black snaps in size 20 regular length
- set of color sampler charts with actual snap caps to easily match snap colors with your fabric
Dies are industrial equipment and may have scratches, rust, oil or other cosmetic imperfections that will not hinder their function. Remove any remaining oil on dies by attaching several snaps to scrap fabric. Returns or exchanges cannot be accepted unless a defect affects function.
Warning: Loose fasteners are a choking hazard - small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
. eyelet grommet eyelets .