The tracking # says my package hasn't moved or been shipped. What's going on?
Haven't received your package? You're not the only one.
Click on the examples below of late and/or unscanned packages which were eventually delivered.
This package was both delayed and never updated until the day it reached the destination facility.
This priority mail package showed no scans for 7 days mid-route but was eventually delivered.
Another delayed package
No scan until reached destination facility
I could provide an endless list but you get the picture.
What You Should Understand
The post office doesn't always scan every package at every step -- as you can see from the examples above.
- I have processed your order when you receive the "Order is Complete" email. Please check spam.
- Your order has shipped even if the tracking status isn't scanned to reflect that.
- Once your order is shipped, I don't have any more information beyond what you see in the tracking status.
The postal system is overwhelmed and delays should be expected during the pandemic. It is run by humans who are getting sick from the virus too. Additionally, limited flights means your package may not reach its next destination as quickly.
Delivery estimates are only that -- estimates, not guarantees. This was also noted at checkout:
Please be patient. Most questions resolve themselves in a few days, some may take a few weeks. 99% of all packages are delivered safely, even if they may be delayed or failed to scan.
Steps to Take:
- Go to the tracking status on the USPS site. Click on the Text & Email Updates link:
- Enter your email to receive notifications each time the tracking status is updated. This transmits an informal inquiry with USPS that usually gets the package moving within a few days.
- If you don't receive a tracking update via email showing your package moving within 10 business days of signing up for updates (*not* from the date shipped or the date of the last scan, but the date you signed up for updates), please forward the most recent email update you received from USPS to us at email@example.com so that we can assist you further.
- If you don't want to wait 10 business days after signup up for updates, you can complete a USPS Help Request Form (step 2 in the link) which will be forwarded to your local Post Office to help locate any missing items.