We carry 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, and 12mm double cap rivets. Each size has its own die set.
- Our 10mm rivets should use the 10mm dies.
- Our 12mm rivets should use the 12mm dies.
- And so forth.
In her Let's Talk About Rivet Presses video, Jess of Oklaroots used 9mm rivets. Since we don't carry 9mm rivets or dies, it's ok to size up on the dies to 10mm.
- However, you cannot size down on the dies. The dies should never be smaller than the rivet.
If you want to use 9mm rivets, then you will need to purchase them elsewhere.
- Disclaimer: The 9mm rivets used by Jess in the video appear to be compatible with our dies. However, we cannot guarantee compatibility when you purchase your rivets from another source, since our dies are custom fitted for our rivets. It is usually ok -- we just can't make any promises.
If using our rivets, we normally recommend 10mm for vinyl straps on bags, and 8mm for fabric straps. The 10mm rivets have longer stems so are able to go through thicker material compared to the 8mm.
- You could potentially use 10mm dies for both our 10mm and 8mm rivets, if you're careful. However, we can't guarantee results (so practice on scrap first if you're going to try it).