This product will be discontinued once sold out.
Dies to set fabric cover buttons
(sold separately). See how it works
Dies allow you to more easily press cover buttons together in comparison to the manual assembly tools. However, the appropriate fabric & cover button combination still need to be used. If the fabric & button combination do not stay together using the manual assembly tools (ie. fabric is too thick for button), neither will they stay together using the dies.
Available in these sizes:
TIPS / DISCLAIMERS:
- size 20 (1/2")
- size 24 (5/8")
- size 30 (3/4")
- size 36 (7/8")
- size 45 (1 3/32")
- size 60 (1 1/2")
- Cover buttons are lightweight and intended for use with lightweight fabric such as a single layer of cotton (*not* upholstery, vinyl, leather, thick fabric, etc)
- You may want to add a dab of glue under the wire back as a precaution to ensure a permanent hold.
- Covered buttons should *not* be machine washed or dried, as the agitation may cause them to separate.
- Some die sizes have a snugger fit around the cover button than others and may require that you insert the tip of scissors (or similar) through the wire loop to pull out the button from the die.
- I tested with a layer of t-shirt material, then a layer of felt. Both worked fine, but the felt, being thicker, was a little more difficult to remove from the die. I definitely recommend a thinner material but just so you know, the felt was doable.
One of the following KAMsnaps® professional presses are REQUIRED
: ( which tool do I have?
Optional: Leave a note in the Order Notes box at checkout requesting that your order be reviewed for completeness. We'll contact you if anything appears to be missing or if your tools aren't compatible with your fasteners. Cover button dies