Using a press isn't complicated, but it can seem overwhelming to figure out what you need if you're new to it all.
Keep it stress-free by emailing us at email@example.com if you'd like us to customize a package for you.
- It would be helpful if you included this information.
- We usually respond within 1 business day so monitor your spam box.
Want to understand it on your own? We'll walk you through it so you feel like an expert.
Step 1. Choose Your Press
Step 1a. Add Adapter if Needed
- An adapter is *not* needed for the KX-T2 mini table press or KX8J pro-handheld.
- An adapter is needed only for DK93 heavy duty table press when using dies with KX in the name (ie. KX Dies for Rivets, KX Dies for Grommets, etc)
- The adapter makes the bottom hole in the press smaller so that the KX die can fit. Without the adapter, the hole will be too big to hold the die.
- Here's a super quick video that clarifies how to use the adapter.
- Only 1 adapter is needed per press. The same DK93-KX adapter will work with all our KX dies.
- The adapter is *not* needed for DK93 professional-grade plastic snaps dies. Remember, it's only needed for dies with KX in the name.
Step 2: Add your Fasteners
- Add the fasteners that you want to work with from the top menu.
- Quick tips for our most popular fasteners:
Step 3: Add Corresponding Dies
- Add the dies that correspond to your fasteners.
- Size 20 plastic snaps need dies for size 20 plastic snaps .
- 8mm rivets need dies for 8mm rivets, and so forth.
- Generally speaking, each fastener needs a different die set. And each size needs a different die set.
(Optional) Step 4: Add Recommended Items
- Steps 1, 2 and 3 will get you everything you need to set your fasteners. But we also have recommended products that will make the job easier. For example:
- A hand awl pierces holes in your material for easier snap or rivet placement.
- If working with stiff material like vinyl or leather, hole punching dies will make it easier to create those holes for snaps, rivets, and grommets
- Dies to remove plastic snaps will allow you to safely and quickly remove problem plastic snaps.